Tuesday 9 October 2012

Days 5 to 9 - Part 2: Burning the candle at both ends...

Selfies in the dance studio mirror

Day 7 - Today was when things got busy! Firstly, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS, blergh.  So I had rehearsals for an upcoming show booked in from 10-1:30 and thought I had plenty of time until my rehearal partner rocked up early and informed me she was late as we lost an hour overnight!  So it was victory rolls and 40's make-up as fast as I could and a comfy dress for dancing in!

Well we rehearsed like mad for a solid two hours, the routine was coming together nicely and then it was time to head to rehearsals for another show so off we went!  It was lovely to rehease with the burly girls although my elasticised strocking kept falling down and frock is not an advisable outfit for floorwork!

Waiting, ever so elegantly,
for the bus...
 After rehearsal I caught a bus to Cooleman Court (my beloved was trapped behind and pile-up on the parkway).  Then it was home to spend some time with the fur baby, a qucik change and a trip to the dog park (stockings do not stand up to my little girls claws) where I wound up covered in mud and kelpie drool... delightful.




The last magnolia of the season,
my front garden is beautiful at the moment.
Day 8 -  A day of errands, running low on my trusty Cedel we needed to make a trip to the shops for neccesities like toothbrushes and food. I also needed to buy costumes for the show coming up on Wednesday night!

Oh how I love thee!

I stopped in the garden for a selfie on the way out and managed to capture the last magnolia on our tree (said tree is nearly 10 feet high).  Today was the first Frocktober appearance of my Rock Steady Cardigan - another Darling purchase :-) - with it's goegeous fluffy collar!  My Guggenheim earrings and late 50's frock with wonderful 'gizmo' print.

After a day of running around and to fortify myself before headingt o my mother's house for a spot of clearing out - my junk is now mostly contained within the walls of my own house - we stopped by Frank 'n' Beanz for lunch.  They have many tasty GF options which makes me happy!  They also had this:
Oh the delciousness!

FC Grubb's Traditional Cream Soda! It was brown, NOT red, and it was delicious, creaminga nd beautiful they also have chocolate and lime soda which I will have to try at another time.

Then it was time to head off to the theatre for tech rehearsal!

Note: I completely forgot to buy hairspray!





Day 9 - I completly forgot to take photographs until unholy o'clock when I finally got home from dress rehearsal.  Please remember that I FORGOT to buy hairspray so I was relying solely on the power or positive thin king (and bobbie pins) to hold up my victory rolls.

Post rehearsal hair... a faux roll and hastilly pinned snood

I was working outside on a kids activity to day and received what has to be the most unusual compliment I have ever recieved.  While making clay animals I was informed, politely and sincerely that I 'looked kind of like animal too'.  I suppose victory rolls might look like ears to a child of seven.

Today's ensemble was a Collectif pencil skirt with anchor detail (A Darling purchase, again, well I work at the shop to get first dibs on new stock!), a black and whte striped top and the furry Rock Steady cardigan.  While working I had a uniform shirt over it all.

Isn't it cute?


I wore my antique locket and guggenheim earring again, mostly because I love them.

When I made it home from work and rehearsal I sat on the floor to play with my little girl who repayed me by biting my hand... repeatedly.
Action shot!



No comments:

Post a Comment