Sunday 14 October 2012

Frocktober Days 12 to 14 - And now the show is over...

Day 12 - Tired and rung out from a run of shows I went for the most comfortable frock I own, The 'Super Spy' dress from heartbreaker.  In navy jersey stretch this late 50's style dress in so comfortable it's almost criminal! 

As it was cold this morning I accesorised with opaque tights for warmth, my ususal wide white belt to cinch the waist!

My hair was 50's inspired a rolled bun all the way around accented with a flower (one can never have too many flowers.
Thankyou Aligator...



 After work it was back to the theatre to get prepared to go on stage!  I have had such a wonderful time doing this show, I've met and worked with some amazing, talented and wonderful people.  Just typefied by the fact that when I was having a bad day yesterday I arrived to find these in the dressing room.

Yum!

Gluten and dairy free brownies from the sparkling Miss Tiffany Blue!  They were just what I needed for a pick-me-up.  The beautiful card says 'A woman's work is never done' and contains the recipe!








The light... it burns...

Day 13 - The day started badly (last night I came down with a migraine and went to bed early after drugging myself up to the eyeballs) I awoke with the migraine still firmly in situ behind my eye.  More painkillers, caffiene and tea (I can barely eat when I have a migraine s breakfast was not an option).

Due to illness I had lazy hair, a french roll with a coral flower for colour. 50's style make-up hid my pallor and I layered the beautiful Veronica sweater from the Darling Shoppe over an old pencil dress (with a polka-dot top) for warmth.

Selfies in the mirror.

It was a fairly ususal day at home, I dragged myself to the dog park, very gingerly, and managed to complete some minor chores with my throbbing head.  Then you guessed it!  Back to the theatre!  This time it was closing night and I was more than a little miffed to be missing out on the after cast party due to my migraine.  I spent the majority of the show nursing my sore head back stage until it was my turn to tread the boards.

Subtle isn't it?

Between my migraine I still managed to glamourise myself and I finally snapped a picture of my make-up for the night.  For my performance I actually had rollers in; classy dame that I am.  If you'd like to see some more shots of the performances head over to Captain Spitfire and peruse his album. I'll also be adding some from the very talented D'Eye Aus later in the week. 

  





Day 14 - Still recoving from the migraine...  I spent the majority of today in bed curled up under the covers avoiding all light.

Eventually I emerged, dragged myself to the couch and drank tea, finally managed a shower, hair and a face. I went with rockabilly hair as it was easy fast and didn't pull too hard on my already sore head!

Again the Knotty dress made an appearance, it's easy to wear and very comfy.

I made it as far as Mum and Dad's house for dinner, pet the black dog and returned home to bed again.

Keep on frocking, love and sparkles,
Ivy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment