Sunday 21 October 2012

FRocktober Days 19 to 21 - Rummage and BBQs


Oh no! She's gone native!
Day 19 - Can you tell things are starting to go a bit silly? It's 'casual Friday' at work and what better excuse to climb about in the foliage?

Today it was the knotty dress again and a huge pomp, very Elvis inspired.  I also wore huge cat's eyeliner to complete the 50's inspired ensemble.  I also brought out my terribly precious limited edition Transparenze Anthea stockings.  These are no longer availiable and on the day they ladder I will cry.

See? Devine.

They have the most beautiful detailing at the top and bottom of the 'seam' and a ruffled welt.  These are stockings that make me happy.  So I flounced around all day in embellished ruffle heaven despite the fact that I popped a suspender every twenty minutes.



Loungeroom post rummage.
Day 20 -
Today was the day for a Rummage!  If you've never had a rummage I highly recommend them.  What you do is this; someone volunteers their longeroom, everyone brings over all the clothes they don't want/wear or fit anymore, you tip them in a big pile and everyone rifles through it picking out what they like and playing dress ups.  When you're all done everything left over goes to a charity of your choice.

Em and Frank.
First order of business this morning was to vote!  So I primped and preened then walked Little Miss Em down to the local school to vote.  I ran into one of MOH's work colleagues who volunteered to mind the little girl while I exercised my democratic responsibility.

After that we detour past the shops for milk and tea (the staples of life) then it was home to clean the house before my guest arrived.  Em helped by disembowelling frank and spreading little balls of fluff throughout the loungeroom.

Quick! Call the SES!
She'll be crushed!
 Once everyone arrived and the rummage commenced my cleaned loungeroom looked like this:

Yes that is a person beneath the pile of clothes; she took the injunction to 'dive right in' somewhat literally.  Much fun was had by all, a quick and very inexpensive wardrobe refresh! I even snagged a 40's style wrap dress to include in my frocktober efforts!

Slightly dishevelled post rummage...

Then the day was over, I spent a significant ammount of time folding what remained (there's my OCD rearing it's head) and putting it in pilgrim bags for it's trip to charity.  But the story of this rummage does not end here!  A few girls missed out so we'll be doing it again, I'll hold on to what remains and we'll rummage again with some new editions.

Ah couch... how I love thee...

 I conked on the couch breifly post rummage, after pulling dresses on and off my victory rolls were somewhat the worse for wear. So they came out to be rplaced by a braid while I finished cleaning up.

Today's ensemble was my Bettie Page captain dress from the darling shoppy. It's comfy for walking and cleaning in.
Cooking up a storm.
 Day 21 - Today was a busy day!  It started early with laundry and a final clean from yesterday's rummage.  Then we took Little Miss Em to visit MOH's mother who was feeling unwell.  Nothing like puppy lickings to cheer someone up.

Todays' ensemble was my polks dot frock and collectif cardigan (from the shoppy) no stockings today is was far to warm.  I wore a rockabilly syle pompadour with a high ponytail for a look that's a bit younger than the 40's I'm rocking so frequently this month.

After that is was off to a friend's post voting BBQ, not to celebrate or commiserate just yet the legislative assembly is still hung; looks like we'll have another coalition.

Rockabilly hair and make-up

I ate very quickly at the BBQ because then it was off to Holder shops for KOTY rehearsals.  I took some of the more burlesque-y pieces to rehearsals for the girls to look at and came home with significantly less.

Then it was time to race of to shops and home as my parents were coming over to dinner before they head off to South America for a month.  Tough life for some.





No comments:

Post a Comment