Wednesday 10 October 2012

Frocktober Day 10 - It's Showtime!

On the Deck.
Can you see the ferris wheel?

Today was a lazy day in the 40's.  I was desperate to wear my new Veronica sweater from Effie's heart (just purchased at the Darling shop) it's such a beautiful piece; I adore the colour. However, I was planning to do a 30's ensemble and realised the trousers I had planned on wearing were just that... TROUSERS... Oops (also my marcel way just would. not. stay.).  So I styled it differently with a grey knee length skirt, stocking and victory rolls (again).

Riding the Bogong... sounds like a euphemism doesn't it?


It was a beautiful day today and it looked like being just overcast enough to take great picture.  That was until we went outside to take pictures then the sun came out in all his glory.  While the warmth was wonderful it wasn't so great for our pictures, they're a little washed out...

So you may remember me harping on about rehearsals for a show?  It opened tonight!  We had a wonderful time the house was nearly full and the performances had so much energy, basically we were brilliant.  I sang solo in front of an audience (excluding karaoke) for the first time. Performing both kinds of music; COuntry and Western in a very glamourous trailier trash outfit made entirely of things I already owned... and my very classy hot rollers stolen from my mother.

This is not the outfit.

  I also wore the BEST make-up ever. I felt like Barbie with HUGE purple eyeshadow and massive eylashes.  Untill I looked at Tammy Paks (her make up put mine to shame, it was amazing).

I didn't snap a photo of me in all my trash regalia but I will endeavour to do so tonight.  I did however get one of my make-up although it was somewhat faded by the time I remembered... 
Post show face... can you tell I was tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment